THE MOUSE IN THE ROOM

"Hi, my name is A. I come from Church B and serve in these ministries for X number of years."

Throughout the first week of seminary, I think the most daunting thing is not the number of readings we have to do per week, but really the wealth of experiences many of our classmates bring in. Some are returning Missionaries, taking time to get a Masters during their sabbatical, whilst others are Pastors, seeking to better serve their churches and still others who are nurses, church workers, business owners and many more.

Hearing these stories on loop all week as I attended the various classes made me feel tiny, or maybe even miniature in comparison. Not the mention the life-sized portraits of Spiritual giants like Hudson Taylor, John Wesley etc. hung all around the campus. How humbling and privileged I am to be doing school alongside these folk!

Here are some ways you might pray for us this first month -





Jon

1. To be disciplined in my devotional life in midst of the crazy amount of readings and homework
2. To maintain the right posture in studying
3. To acquire the required skills needed in studying efficiently
4. Physical strength and health
5. To prioritise time with family during this period


Amy

1. Depending too much on my own strength. Readings wise, intelligence wise. Pray I will seek His face & favour daily in this journey.
2. Missing Mya badly each day. Pray I may be able to use my now limited time with her wisely and make each hour count.
3. Ongoing ministry. Pray for strength as I carry on serving and caring for the youth / young adult in my church.

Mya

1. Good behaviour and continued discipline as she spends long hours with her grandmother
2. School to open by August (may be delayed)
3. Strength and good health to her main giver at present (Amy's mum)

--

We as a family cannot thank you enough for your prayers, remembering that without God, all this is for naught.

Blessings,
Amy


Popular posts from this blog

UNEXPECTED MOLD-TIVATION

GOD CHANGES OUR PLANS

A NATE UPDATE